MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I use 1.2 version and..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hy..I use 1.2 mybb version..How can i upgrade to 1.6 when it will be released?
Using the upgrade script that will be included in 1.6, seeing though as 1.6 isn't in beta yet you will probably be waiting a while, at least a few months. You should upgrade to 1.4 now, its not difficult.
Note that 1.2 isn't supported here anymore, hasn't been for ages, so if you need any help before 1.6 is out, you won't be able to get any. I don't know why you've posted threads in this forum if you're running 1.2, if we gave you links to plugins etc they're going to be made for 1.4, so using them on 1.2 wouldn't work.
So, you mean thankyou system and others like ajax chat plug ins will not work on 1.2. .

It is really a need for me to start creating a forum via 1.4.11 the best as of now?..
You're on 1.2 too?? No, no 1.2 plugins will work on 1.4, you'll need to find a 1.2 version of the plugin.

1.4 was released a year and a half ago, that's a long time, plenty of time to upgrade to 1.4. There is no reason at all to still be on 1.2 at this stage, even the biggest 1.2 plugins have had plenty of time to be upgraded or rewritten.