MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to modify plugin welcome guest mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i just install mybb plugin welcome guest, but the relust not like i wanted n i try edit it but not get way, can someone tell me how to modify this plugin. ( to change sentences with my own sentences welcome for guests my forum n position that welcome guest in place i wanted )

i put 2 pic attach in down ( pic no 1 is the plugin show in mybb right now and pic no 2 that what i want )

thx
What is the url for this plugin?
(2010-02-13, 08:56 PM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]What is the url for this plugin?

i got the welcome guest plugin from this link = http://mods.mybboard.net/view/welcome-guest
In the file welcomeguest.php responsible for greeting lines 46, 47:
$l['welcomeguest_header']='Welcome Guest';
$l['welcomeguest_message']='Welcome to our community!';

Just that one change these inscriptions:
Quote:"Welcome Guest"
"Welcome to our community!"
on their own and send the file back to the server.
No, please do NOT modify the plugin file!
There are language files available: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/welcome-guest
Load it, modify it to your needs an upload it!

If you use another language than english or german (at the moment only these 2 languages available - feel free to provide more), load the english language file, modify it and upload to inc/languages/espanol/ (if you use spanish language for example).

Put a translation of all languages you use in your languages folder. So you can welcome your guests in their own language.
I modified the English language file to print the 3 sentences I need it to say.

I uploaded it to my server, then I activated the plugin and it still says the default text.

What do you think I am doing wrong? I know I properly saved the file as welcomeguest.lang so I am not sure what I am missing.

Huh
Where is your file welcomeguest.lang.php located (path)?

It should be inc/languages/english/welcomeguest.lang.php
(2010-03-11, 08:18 AM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Where is your file welcomeguest.lang.php located (path)?

It should be inc/languages/english/welcomeguest.lang.php

Ah, that was error #1! I saved the file as .lang not .lang.php.

Yet the message still does not appear after it is saved as welcomeguest.lang.php in inc/languages/english/ and the plugin is reactivated. Huh

Can you take a look at the file?

Link: http://snipt.org/zklj
I searched a bit this forum and found your forum url.

Are you using english language? It seems there is another language installed ("trash.lang"??). Maybe this produces the issue. Can you try to delete/move this language folder?
Thank you for your reply - yes that is my forum.

I am using English although the "trash" file may be from the Trash Can forum plugin that I'm using. This allows me to save deleted posts/threads in a forum only I can see.

I will look into this.
I moved the trash file and everything works now!

Thank you! Smile
Pages: 1 2