MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to alter the post editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to modify the post editor for math related posts.
I need to make the thread subject field wider and toolbar and textarea wider too.

I also like to add latex toolbar under the regular editor toolbar. I did this for phpbb but i really need some help on this one. I don't even know where the regular toolbar is stored.

Thanks for your help!
I figured out the resize problem. That can be modified by editing templates in acp with key newthread and newreply.

But why those templates cannot be shared? Also looks like there is no template caching. This could be a problem for high traffic forums.

One more tough thing to do: insert latex toolbar...
I made some progress. See MathToc with test access tester/tester

The current editor is hard to extend to me. I have to completely remove it from templates. Consequently, I have to re-implement smilies panel and insert attachment into post button. I don't know whether my change will affect other things or not. But display and edit latex math is working now.

May be I did the whole thing in a wrong way. Please help point my mistake and give your suggestions.

Thanks!