MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Loading Spinner never closes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys,

Whenever I make a post on my forum, the spinner just keeps spinning, and will not stop. If I do a page refresh the post is there, any reason why the spinner is not disappearing when it should

http://computerlimbo.com

Thanks,
TheWiz
Try a different browser,.
(2010-02-14, 06:54 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Try a different browser,.

It may also be a java script that is doing it.
With firefox it seems it's a hit/miss kinda thing. Sometimes it just stays there..

I removed the spinner..

That helped...
(2010-02-14, 07:29 AM)Disturbed Wrote: [ -> ]With firefox it seems it's a hit/miss kinda thing. Sometimes it just stays there..

I removed the spinner..

That helped...

I just noticed my firefox doing it the other day after its been working fine for 2 weeks (since I started using MyBB) now it tends to happen time to time.
Can you provide a test account and I will run a javascript debugger on your site.
Yeah, NP. Sorry for my late reply, had a couple busy days here. I've sent your login info to your PM Box.

Thanks again,
TheWiz
Ok, I have taken a look and neither Chrome or FF are coming up with errors. You also couldn't find any other Javascript that is causing conflicts (I tried removing the adsense code but it did not fix it).

Can I suggest uploading fresh copies of whats in the jscripts folder and also the newreply.php and ./inc/functions_post.php files.

If that doesn't work then try disabling all your plugins so we can narrow down where the problem is coming from.
Now that I think of it, i my HTACCESS I do have gzip compressed versions of the javascript that when a javascript is called for, htaccess tells it to load the compressed version. Could this be a cause. If so, rather than undoing this, is it possible to get rid of the spinner?
I don't think it would cause it because if that was the case my Javascript debuggers would return some sort of error. Can you remove this temporarily from your .htaccess file just to test it.
Pages: 1 2 3