MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't save settings on General Configuration Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2010-02-17, 12:30 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Choose to use a program from your computer, wordpad will be fine, not notepad.
Matt, I was able to open the settings.php file in wordpad. What cookie string am I looking for to edit?

Dave
Search:
cookiedomain
cookiepath
bburl

And laws like this:
cookiedomain: .www.castingnewyork.com
cookiepath: /forums/
bburl: http://www.castingnewyork.com/forums/
No .www at the start, then it won't work unless you have www in the URL when you visit the forum.
UPS!

You're right, it pasted instinctively because the address was the 'www'. Smile
(2010-02-18, 11:45 AM)virus4 Wrote: [ -> ]Search:
cookiedomain
cookiepath
bburl

And laws like this:
I opened my settings.php file with wordpad. When I searched on the three strings you provided it did not find any of them. The only reference to 'cookie' it found was 'cookie prefix'
(2010-02-18, 05:14 PM)dstroebel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-18, 11:45 AM)virus4 Wrote: [ -> ]Search:
cookiedomain
cookiepath
bburl

And laws like this:
I opened my settings.php file with wordpad. When I searched on the three strings you provided it did not find any of them. The only reference to 'cookie' it found was 'cookie prefix'
I did not get this settings.php file from my domain host (GoDaddy) because there is no way to extract it from their file manager. They even told me there was no way to extract it.
So have you edited it or not?? That last post contradicts itself, first you said you could open it but then you said you couldn't get to it. If you can't edit/download files via their file manager then it's a pretty poor file manager, use something like Filezilla. The settings are definitely in settings.php though, they're all together:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = "";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";
(2010-02-18, 05:41 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]So have you edited it or not?? That last post contradicts itself, first you said you could open it but then you said you couldn't get to it. If you can't edit/download files via their file manager then it's a pretty poor file manager, use something like Filezilla. The settings are definitely in settings.php though, they're all together:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = "";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";
My last post said I was able to open it, but only saw one string related to cookies. That was ['cookieprefix'] = ""; The other two strings were missing
Then delete that settings.php file and let it regenerate. If they're not in there then either you've deleted them from the file or you've deleted the setting itself completely.
(2010-02-18, 06:06 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Then delete that settings.php file and let it regenerate. If they're not in there then either you've deleted them from the file or you've deleted the setting itself completely.
Do you mean to say go into my file manager in GoDaddy and delete this file?
Yes, make sure it's the one in the ./inc/ folder. Then browse the forum and it'll be regenerated, then check for these settings again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7