MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Bug/Glitch! - Need help really badly!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,
I really need assistance with my forums. This has been happening since I installed my forums. When ever I click something like for example MOD CP, or Members List it would stay the same Theme, but if I click it again it would probably changed to a Classic Theme I don't know what it is, or why it keeps doing that.
I really hope you guys can do something to help me fix this. This has been happening since February 09th, 2010. It kept happening slowly I guess, and now its beginning to happen even more. This happens to my fellow members as well so it isn't just me.

Thanks so much,
Miraj
Make sure ./cache and ./cache/themes are CHMOD'ed to 777.
I put in your bug report to include your URL with this too...
Also make sure that all tags in HTML / CSS are closed. If you do not give advice here is attach the exported XML file of your style.
(2010-02-14, 06:54 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure ./cache and ./cache/themes are CHMOD'ed to 777.

How do I do that?

(2010-02-14, 09:52 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I put in your bug report to include your URL with this too...
Of my website? Sure I suppose VFKColonial

(2010-02-14, 11:01 AM)virus4 Wrote: [ -> ]Also make sure that all tags in HTML / CSS are closed. If you do not give advice here is attach the exported XML file of your style.

Yet again can I get proper directions for this stuff I'm not very good at coding etc. I'd love the help if your willing to help me! =]
(2010-02-14, 05:11 PM)Miraj Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-14, 06:54 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure ./cache and ./cache/themes are CHMOD'ed to 777.

How do I do that?

Download Total Commander, then see this movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rda9SpFWL-U

Miraj Wrote:
(2010-02-14, 11:01 AM)virus4 Wrote: [ -> ]Also make sure that all tags in HTML / CSS are closed. If you do not give advice here is attach the exported XML file of your style.

Yet again can I get proper directions for this stuff I'm not very good at coding etc. I'd love the help if your willing to help me! =]

Go to ACP -> Themes -> When you used the style, click the "Options" from the list, select "Export theme" -> In the first option, select "NO", and the other "YES". Then attach the exported file in the forum.

PS: Also, try to re upload the language pack to the correct folder and make sure it has adequate CHMODs (755).
Why would he need to upload a language pack?? I see no problems with his languages... not sure what exporting and importing the theme would either, you'd end up using the exact same thing... first thing to do is confirm the CHMODs are correct, which you can do in any normal FTP client.
(2010-02-14, 06:44 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Why would he need to upload a language pack?? I see no problems with his languages... not sure what exporting and importing the theme would either, you'd end up using the exact same thing... first thing to do is confirm the CHMODs are correct, which you can do in any normal FTP client.

Can you help me correct this CHMOD? I don't know how to do it.
How did you upload your files when you first installed MyBB?? Go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > scroll down to the CHMODs bit > does everything say it's writeable?? It's odd that the theme only breaks intermittently...
(2010-02-14, 06:44 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Why would he need to upload a language pack?? I see no problems with his languages... not sure what exporting and importing the theme would either, you'd end up using the exact same thing... first thing to do is confirm the CHMODs are correct, which you can do in any normal FTP client.

I told him to check the language pack because once one of the forums was the Polish
is a problem because the language pack was in the wrong directory.
Pages: 1 2 3