MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing myBB session time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm using a point system mod (Newpoints) and one of the earning system is per visit. The thing is that the session is 15 minutes by default.

I want to change it to 1 hour or even 24 hours.

Please help.
Admin CP -> Configuration ->Settings -> Who's Online -> Cut-off Time (mins).
I tried that. But it only changes the "who's online" time in the bottom of the forum. Not the default session time of the user.

Thanks though.
I've been trying several times to get an answer to the exact same question, how to set the user session timeout. There is a strange wall of silence around that topic here.

:-(

If you find out anything, please let me know!

Cheers,

Matt
Hi,
go to your ACP, then to "Configuration". Type in the search box "cut-off time" or "Who's online", and it will take you to the settings you are looking for.

-----

And maybe you allow others to send you PMs. It doesn't make much sense to ask for an asnwer if one cannot reply to you! Wink
Hi linguist,

oops, didn't remember that I had disallowed other members to PM me, changed that now, sorry, and thanks for letting me know!

Also, thanks for being one of the few who seem to respond to questions about this topic.

Unfortunately, what you are suggesting is not setting a timeout limit for the session. It merely sets a time of inactivity after which you are displayed as "offline" to other users. Believe me, I have tried it.

Any more ideas? Still happy to learn anything I can...

Cheers,

Matt
Sessions are not timed out. At least not in a way that is accessible via the ACP.
People who checked the "remember me" box at login, for example, will keep their session until they explicitly log out.

There are Plugins to manually "kill" specific users' sessions, if necessary, and there are tasks your can schedule to clean up old sessions as you see fit.
(2012-02-14, 10:22 PM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]Sessions are not timed out.

I can only confirm that so far. Just did a test over 20 hours, user was still logged in. I find that an extremely strange strategy of MyBB.

Manually killing user's sessions is not practical for what I want to achieve, but scheduling a task to kill sessions might be somewhat better. Would you be able to tell me how to do that, or give me some pointers in the right direction?

Cheers,

Matt