MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] Installing MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

So you want to install MyBB, eh? Well, you have come to the right place. In this thread I will be showing you how to install MyBB! Just folow the steps I give, and you will have a MyBB board in no time at all!

Step One:
The first step that you will need to take to install MyBB is to download the files from this link.

Step Two:
The next step is to extract the files. You can do this one of two ways. If you have WinRAR (like me) you can right click on the zip, and click extract (I'm not sure if you can do this if you don't have WinRAR), or you can double click the zip file, which will open it, then drag all of the contents out of it to where you want them to be.

Step Three:
Now that you have the files on your computer, you will want to upload them. You will need a FTP client. I suggest FileZilla, because it is widely used, and you will be getting support for it on the MyBB community board. Below are two images showing what to do with the FTP client.

[Image: ftpone.jpg]
The above is telling you to select all of the files in the MyBB Upload folder, and drag them to the folder where you want your MyBB board to go.

[Image: ftpsuccess.jpg]
Success! You have completed the file transfer, and you are ready to install your MyBB board!

Step Four:
Go to http://www.yoursite.com/install/index.php (replacing yoursite.com with the url of your site Toungue) and folow the steps below:

-Step one of installation: Press "Next"
-Step two of installation: Press "Next"
-Step three of installation: Go to you FTP client, right click the files listed blow, and click (at the very bottom if you are using FileZilla) "File Permissions" and change them to what is specified below.

File                    Permissions
 ./cache/themes/            777
 ./uploads/                 777
 ./uploads/avatars/         777

Refresh the installation page (and if nessasary repeat installation steps one and two) and then you should see the folowing page:

[Image: correctchmod.jpg] You have successfuly CHMODed the files! Congratulations!!

Click next at the bottom of the page.

Step four of installation: Create a MySQL database with your host (sorry, but I can't really give a detailed explanation of this because hosts vary.) Enter the information as shown below:

[Image: database.jpg]
Once you enter the database information correctly, hit next.

Step five of installation: Hit next.
Step six of installation: Hit next.
Step seven of installation: Hit next.
Step eight of installation: Fill out this form appropriatly. Below is an example of how to fill it out.

[Image: form.jpg]
After you fill this out, hit next.

Step nine of installation: Fill out your account details for the admin account. Look below for an example.

[Image: admin.jpg]

Step ten of installation: Delete the /install folder, or put a file called lock.php (or any file extension) in it. This will activate your site.

Step eleven of installation: CONGRATULATIONS!!! You now have successfuly installed MyBB! Go to http://www.yoursite.com (replacing yoursite.com with your site Toungue) and you will see the basic MyBB board! Log in and go to the AdminCP to start making your forum!

Have fun with your new site!
After all there is: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Installing. After every second this tutorial?

Come in all your tutorial is a little more transparent. Smile
I know about that, but I auctualy made this for my site. I just thought that I would post this here, because it might help someone.
I think that if we download the mybb script means in that it self the tutoria will be attached.
And it is one of the easyst one.
Please do not put my tutorial down, this is not the place for that. Anyone that continues to do so will be reported.
The Images aren't Loading Please Reupload New Images. Thanks