MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help - Modifying the Header (Reducing padding?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ah I'm not too sure if this a really simple template tweak, or a hugely complex edit.

Basically I'd really love it if I could achieve a certain layout. It's difficult to explain and so I created a visual to give you the idea.

[Image: 21ne6w1.png]

CLICK HERE TO SEE LARGER IMAGE

If you look at the image, the browny/yellow colour is a color/image set as the background of that tiny block. The green block is the logo - with no padding between the corners and slots right in. The purple bar contains the navigation.

The closest layout I've found to this is Justin.S's Afresh Theme Which has the logo & background bar I like, however the welcome bars are incorporated into the navigation bars. I'm not looking for this, rather I'd like to keep the current welcome box and simply change the navigation and logo.

I apologise if this sounds jumbled and complex, it's late and I'm drooping. However, I would be so, so grateful if somebody could help me out with this, seriously it would make my day.
So I will try to turn it somehow to explain:
1. Doing the logo on a green background (the green background does not have to be there, but I will here he used those colors) and upload them to your server.
2. In globall.css give:
.logo {
background: color;
text-align: left;
margin-left: -20px;
margin-right: -20px;
Thus the logo is aligned to the left, setting the background (any color base instead of "color"), by removing spaces from the edge # conatiner).

3. Now also globall.css class. menu, adding such code:
text-align: center;
margin-left: -20px;
margin-right: -20px;
background: color;
He will center the logo to remove the spacing from the edge of # container and add a background given by you, instead of "color".
Ah worked a dream!
Thankyou so much!