MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "wrapper" question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay So I have been seeing on tons of web templates and other forum software themes a image that fits behind the container.

It gives it a nice background that ground right around the container no fuss.

However when I tried to do this the wrapper wouldn't even show..

So.. again I ask for some assistance Smile.

If you need an example here is the kind of image I am talking about -

http://www.whoners.com/#BLOGTVLAYOUTS
Upload the image to the server directory of your style, then the # container add / change the background:
background: url(images/directory_name_of_you_style/image_name.png);

If the picture is still narrow the set of repetition:
background-repeat: repeat-x;

If this does not work to attach the picture here, show the whole code # container and give the URL forum.
You could actually create a new div with css class for each side of the container if you really wanted then slice the image
(2010-02-15, 09:53 AM)virus4 Wrote: [ -> ]Upload the image to the server directory of your style, then the # container add / change the background:

If this does not work to attach the picture here, show the whole code # container and give the URL forum.
I don't want to give the image to container. I want it behind it Wink.
So you want to set the background of a forum? If so, then add the code to the body in globall.css.
And if you want to give background into the container then you can also create a diva higher than # container or one that will begin just before divem # container in the template header, and finished right behind him in the template footer. Then he ustawaw in CSS and background:
#container {
background: url(images/theme/picture.png);
width: 900px;
}

#div {
width: 1000px;
background: url(images/theme/picture2.png);

Of course there you can substitute any other value. Thanks to this trick can be quite a nice effect of the background coming out of the container.
}
[/code]
Hang on let me show you what I am talking about to be sure we are on the same page.

http://paidgamers.net/

See how it has that wrapper behind the container?

Also notice how it fits perfectly ?

That is what I am trying to accomplish.
http://paidgamers.net/wp-content/themes/...es/bg2.jpg

orange it what you trying to get? ^^ that's the bg designed to look so >.> erm don't think i'm explaining properly
(2010-02-16, 02:31 AM)NBKTwitch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-15, 09:53 AM)virus4 Wrote: [ -> ]Upload the image to the server directory of your style, then the # container add / change the background:

Well, using the code given above, I can get this effect - just do a picture wgrasz to the server and will apply the above code by changing the path to the image and the width of the divs.
(2010-02-16, 07:13 PM)virus4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-16, 02:31 AM)NBKTwitch Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, using the code given above, I can get this effect - just do a picture wgrasz to the server and will apply the above code by changing the path to the image and the width of the divs.

Alrighty I will try this right away Big Grin.
Grrr okay it is in the right position now,but it isn't showing up like I showed you Sad.

The css I am using -

#wrapper {
	width: 100%;
	background-image: url('http://i49.tinypic.com/doum14.jpg');
	background-position:center top;
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
	height: 100%;
}