MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB for the future!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
bbgoer Wrote:Hmm.... as far as I know, MyBB is not GPL'ed.
I think I read that a set of support licenses are going to be started (which is going to be pay) when the final comes out. Which is fine by me because even the devs need to get something out of it....
The correct thing to do would be to purchase a support package if my board becomes large enough that it makes money for me.... MyBB is certainly good enough to consider a pay license.

The problem comes with incidents like IPS (Invision). Sad
That company forces you to buy a license no matter how small your board is going to be. Definitely a 15-member family-only forum (non-profit) is not worth paying $100 and more!
Oh, I agree. I just didn't know there were going to be paid-only features.
MyBB will always be free
MyBB will always be free to use and support will always be free. In the future (like further down the track near the end of this year) we will be adding the option to buy a "support package" containing access to more support resources and priority forums - but before we do anything like that we need to make sure everything else is "up to par".

Thank you for your kind words, and I hope to see you around the community a bit more too.

Chris
Chris Boulton Wrote:MyBB will always be free to use and support will always be free. In the future (like further down the track near the end of this year) we will be adding the option to buy a "support package" containing access to more support resources and priority forums - but before we do anything like that we need to make sure everything else is "up to par".

Thank you for your kind words, and I hope to see you around the community a bit more too.

Chris
But doesn't "more support resources" mean things like extra modifications, etc? Or does it just mean you will get help quicker than without a license?
No...

It means you can get priority support like what IPB does. You can download the board for free, but if you need one on one support for your board, you can get that through this support package. It's much like IPB's, but the board is free.
It`s also a good way to contribute if you think that the software is good and would like to give something back. Smile
Pages: 1 2