MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: http://www.asianadventures.org
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If your going to a cms I wouldn't recommend joomla. It's a pain and slow. Website baker, CMS made simple, and even wordpress would be more than enough.
In your opinion. Toungue
No, in my facts Toungue.
(2010-03-04, 08:46 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]No, in my facts Toungue.

lol
All premade CMSes are dumb. I prefer to write my own for each site I do that requires it.
Well based on the fact he doesn't really even know html and css that well I would say he can't write a cms.
(2010-03-05, 06:12 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Well based on the fact he doesn't really even know html and css that well I would say he can't write a cms.

Correct. My knowledge in this area is low. I wouldn't mind taking a class or two at a local college but I do not have any time during the week. To be honest, I am surprised I got this far. I had work hard to get it to the point it is today. However, I realize I need to update it.

So maybe, the Joomla thing someone suggested here is a good alternative?

What would be the best approach for someone like me? Huh

Thanks
Don't use Joomla really. It's kind of hard to use, and a little too complex. I would suggest using either Drupal or Wordpress. They're both very good and easy to use.
(2010-03-05, 01:33 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Don't use Joomla really. It's kind of hard to use, and a little too complex. I would suggest using either Drupal or Wordpress. They're both very good and easy to use.

I think I am going to use Wordpress. I've heard it is very powerful.

How well do you know it?
Wordpress is decent. Joomla is a pain but good if you can do it.
Pages: 1 2