MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: insert img attachment into post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried mybb attachment and insert into post in my newly installed forum.

[attachment=17362]

Just like I did here. But do the same thing at
http://community.mybbchina.net/thread-29...tml#pid802

Shows the full size picture. My question is: how to insert attached img into the post and display it in full size?
And? What happened? Any errors, or what did it do instead of adding it to your post?
It did inserted into the post body like [attachment=xyz],
by submit the post, it displays the thumbnail of the picture which actually is a link pointing to the real picture.

I think this is ok as the general logic for the attachments but for images, it should provide a way/option of making the image part of the post content rather than img attachment.
Go ACP > Configuration > Posting and set Show Attached Thumbnails in Posts to Full Size Image. It is a good idea to leave it as thumbnails though to make your pages load bigger, I do understand why you would want a full size image though.
Thanks TimB. your instruction solves my problem as I'm trying to modify the forum to post math contents.

In general, whether the attached img be displayed full size or not should be a choice for the post author. That way the forum supports more dynamic posting purposes.

Thanks again
But it would also mean people could upload a massive image and it wouldn't be resized.
(2010-02-16, 08:35 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]But it would also mean people could upload a massive image and it wouldn't be resized.
True. How other forums handle this? I saw some forum takes care of resize massive images(over widen images will be resized to 600px in width). Also, site-wise setting of storage-size of uploaded image helps to control the problem.
Thanks TimB
Hi, Sorry to resurrect this thread (its not SUPER old though), but I am also wanting to do a similar thing:

I have a forum where I use Jeff Chans Latest Attachment Gallery, the Forum display edit by Lex to give a Thumbnail of attachment in threadlist and inline downloads Beta from stefan. I want to be able to show image attachments inline at full size (and then hope to get my fit on page plug in working) but still have the thumbnails show at thumbnail size in the attachemnts area (sort of like a little gallery). I have the lightshow2 plugin by Quaerschlager (sp?) installed as well.

I know I can upload the images to photobucket and link, but I find that that slows my forum. I thought since I have the pictures on the server anyway I may as well use them...but the tiny ones look horrible in the main post body.

I did try changing the attachment image size in the admin cp, but it changed the inline size and the thumb size. That looked a bit odd.

I can't code in .php, but I can apply simple edits if someone could help me out with the code and where I need to drop it in.

Here is a link to my main downloads area - http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=7

Here is another link showing tiny pics
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=224
Pages: 1 2