MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Display Name / User Nickname Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Very thanks ZiNgA BuRgA,
I tried again with the above changes and received the following error after entering the e-mail:

Quote:Fatal error: func_get_args(): Can't be used as a function parameter in /home/.../public_html/inc/plugins/dispname.php(16) : eval()'d code on line 11
Dodgy...
Try this replacement instead:
                $string = str_replace("Username: {1}", "Username: ".$GLOBALS[user][loginname], $string);
            }
            $args = func_get_args();
            return call_user_func_array(array(parent, "sprintf"), $args);
        } 
Thanks!
Thanks ...
That fixes it Wink
Thanks, updated.
Hey Yumi

Thanks this is just what i needed!

Im using it now but just noticed when i get PM notification emails, it still shows the USERNAME of the sender, not the new Nicknames, how would i change this?
It shouldn't be doing that. What sort of time interval is this? MyBB/your mail server may delay mail sending, so if the display name was changed between the PM being sent and the mail server sending the actual mail there can be a discrepancy.
ah right.. makes sense.

Il test it more tonight and check that is IS what you suggested.
This is an excellent feature.. Can i request this gets upgraded for 1.6?

I did a test 1.6 forum upgrade with this installed on a 1.4.. it didnt upgrade too well lol.
IDk but I cant look for the filed where to put the display name in the UCP. Anyone?
I really need this plugin
There's something odd about this plugin

It wont let me change my login name in the ACP evne if I put in my password. It actually logged me out then I tried my login name, it wouldnt let me so I used my username instead then it let me. Then I looked at my login name, it was reverted back to the old one
Thanks
Pages: 1 2