MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install Page click next > Awardspace 404 Page not found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I searched the forums a bit to see if anyone had the same error but everyone calling their thread names HELP ME doesn't help find topics you're looking for so if you know of a topic with the same problem feel free to link me.

Back to business. I am trying to install MyBB forums on a website for somebody so I've registered an awardspace account and uploaded all the files into the correct directory. When I go to the install directory it comes up as it always does when I am installing MyBB. Everything appears normal.

However, when I click next I get the awardspace 404 page (The requested page was not found) and this happens with www. in the url and without. I did CHMOD all the correct files and folders. I also tried with index.php at the end of the url and without but to no avail.

Once those methods failed I thought it must be the upload. I re-uploaded into a new directory and the same issue has arisen. Has anyone got any solutions?

After that all failed I tried reuploading the Admin Directory and then the same again, nothing I can think of works.

What is happening and how can I sort this out?
Thanks very much,
Clarkie

PS. This is a fresh install of MyBB.
(2010-02-16, 05:26 PM)Clarkie Wrote: [ -> ]but everyone calling their thread names HELP ME doesn't help find topics you're looking for

Precisely why we really hate people using titles like that. Only so much we can do though I'm afraid.

Can you make sure ./admin/ is CHMOD to 755, folders inside are 755, and files inside are 644?? I know you said you set the CHMODs but I assume that's the ones explain in the documentation/wiki, not on the admin folder/files.
Thanks for your reply, I am currently trying to connect to my awardspace through FTP but it's failing. I will edit this post to let you know the result of your suggestion.

Once again, thank you very much for your help,
Clarkie

EDIT: I connected and all the permissions were correct except the folders inside /admin/ as they were CHMODed to 7xx. I edited these to no avail. When you said and the files inside admin there is only index.php. Did you mean the files inside the folders inside admin to?

EDIT: I remodden the file permissions inside the admin folders yet still this issue has not been solved. I have now switched to another host where it works. Awardspace always plays up for me.