MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Username "nofollow"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I make each link to the username to be no follow ?
I could do with a plugin or I could manually change?
thanks for reply
Open the template forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost and find the line:
<a href="{$lastpost_link}" title="{$full_lastpost_subject}"><strong>{$lastpost_subject}</strong></a>

And replace with:
<a href="{$lastpost_link}" title="{$full_lastpost_subject}" rel="noffolow"><strong>{$lastpost_subject}</strong></a>
There are probably a couple of other templates you'd have to change as well. User profiles are linked from lots of places.

What's your goal, though? Don't want Google to crawl / index your user profiles? Nofollow doesn't help you with that. You have to block them using robots.txt.

Nofollow should be more accurately be described as nopagerank. It still follows the link, it still indexes it, it just doesn't add to the popularity of the linked site.
no answer : eor :|
I do not want title with no follow .. I just want users to be another no follow because they have too many links on the first page and I want them to reduce the no follow. I hope the mother expressed correctly, I hard with English
You can do template searches for "username" and it should pull up most of what you need to change for nofollow links.