MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sub-Forums as... forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ah so this is something I'd really love, not too sure if it's a template edit or a modification though.

Basically, I was wondering if it was possible to display sub-forums (when in a forum) - as the forum is laid out. So a 'sub-category' is displayed rather than a link or a forum row, but with the 'thead' class.

Like in the following printscreen:

[Image: 1ymmox.png]

The top image is the index, the highlighted link was what came up. As you can see, the sub-forums and categories are listed very differently.

So my question is, how can I achieve that on MyBB?

- A few notes. I would only need this on a few templates (which would be individually set to forums and non-user selectable). Meaning if there was any drastic changes which would muck up the look of the index - I could simply make those changes on the certain templates (which would never appear on the index) and keep the default for the normal, user selectable templates.
It's not possible without a plugin, all subforums are grouped up at the top.
Okay, can somebody possibly move this to plugin requests then please?
If you only want to show the sf's inside each sub-category ..inside the sub-category and not on the index.
Go to Board Settings/Forum Home Options Set the Subforums to show on Index listing to 0.
This will not show any sf's on the index, and only the category. Inside the category you will find the sf's.

Not sure if that's what you wanted, because i am not 100% sure what you were asking.

Hope this helps Smile