MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can easily say I like themeing for MyBB the best out of any other software. Although I would like to see <if> and <else> available by default, I prefer the current system over, say, IPBs. My suggestion is to add limited abilities to use <if> and <else> statements in templates. More specifically, even evaluating only statements using {$mybb->user} would be fantastic. Things such as default avatars, showing dynamic content for different usergroups... the possibilities become endless. Though, if this ever gets implemented, I would like to see it as a scarcely-used feature in the default skin. For example, I much prefer using a separate template for welcomeblock_user over something like <if="$mybb->user['uid] = 4"> etc. Keeps it clean.

With this feature, skins could become a lot more unique and dynamic. I know there are plugins for this but imo the amount of work it would take to add it wouldn't outweigh the benefits.

Lastly, keep up the great work. MyBB is an excellent piece of software to use and it's easily my favorite. Smile

Best regards,
Chris.
I totally agree, the Mybb software has basically taught me %90 of what I know about theming. I would love to see these things in the near future.