MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permission Saught
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Chris
I didnt know what is your meaning of redistribution.
as distribute word mean [as i know with my little language informations] it means attract others to download it[or use] . also redistribute may means change and present link for download a modified version.
you know, i think if some one like to change mybbs code for his selfe and use it for his site there are no problem...
i wana know is this a misunderstod and if yes please explain me some more detailes about your licence please. sorry about your time my dear...
regs
imei Wrote:Hello Chris
I didnt know what is your meaning of redistribution.
as distribute word mean [as i know with my little language informations] it means attract others to download it[or use] . also redistribute may means change and present link for download a modified version.
you know, i think if some one like to change mybbs code for his selfe and use it for his site there are no problem...
i wana know is this a misunderstod and if yes please explain me some more detailes about your licence please. sorry about your time my dear...
regs

Think about it this way:

Redistribution is taking it, and giving it to other people, regardless of if it's via download, or by other means.

I think that's what Chris means Smile
Chris Boulton Wrote:Anyway, DanEthical, is the "addon scripts" functionality provided by cPanel (I'm no longer familiar with newer versions of cPanel after deciding it was dodgy) actually Fantastico? If it is, I know they have plans for adding in MyBB in their newer version.

Anyway, if you wish to add it to offer to your customers, you may.

I'd also be interested in knowing of how you implement it as well as your progress and maybe some usage statistics if you can? You can contact me using the contact address in the footer here.

Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris,

The Addon Scripts function is in cPanel itself, and is not in any way involving Fantastico.
I will have a chat with my business partner and see if we can actually do this without any issues. I am sure we can.
Basically what it involves is uploading the directory containing the full forum, including the /install directory via root to the server on /root/usr/cpanel/addons and then running a command via root SSH that will call the install to Addon Scripts in cPanel. Thus allowing the customer to click the link "MyBB", which will open a form asking them to submit infomation i.e. "Install Directory" (the location where they want the forums to be installed), which will then redirect them to the MyBB setup. Once they are finished doing this, they would then be prompted to remove the install directory. All CHMODS should be automatic.

I will have ethix try it out and email you with the results.

Thanks for the permission to try this.

Regards,
Dan.
Pages: 1 2