MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: i need help on step "Database Configuration"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
please help me
here's my SQL Database ScreenShot
[Image: sqldatabase.png]

& here's my Database Configuration SS
[Image: 45683833.png]

please help me Sad

thanks in advance guys Smile
So you create a database in the cPanelu:
From what I see there is already an established base. It is called so it phgaming_z enter when installing the windows 'Database Name'. Username phgaming_phg so it is up to the window type 'Database Username', and the windows 'Database Password' enter the password you entered when creating the database.
By contrast, a 'Database Host "enter the host name (usually localhost). If you do not know what host name is entered, contact your server administrator.
this is what i did
[Image: errorpd.png]

i still got error Sad
The database user should be phgaming_phg and I don't think it would be localhost. You would need to give us a screenie of the top of the page of the MySQL database manager.
Unless your server has a dedicated SQL server the hostname will be localhost.

So:

Host: localhost
User: phgaming_phg
Pass: Your password
Database Name: phgaming_z

If you still get errors with those settings either your password is wrong or your host has a dedicated SQL server and you need to find the right host name.
(2010-02-18, 10:56 PM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Unless your server has a dedicated SQL server the hostname will be localhost.

So:

Host: localhost
User: phgaming_phg
Pass: Your password

If you still get errors with those settings either your password is wrong or your host has a dedicated SQL server and you need to find the right host name.

i still get that error Sad
this is what i put
Database Server HosName: localhost
Database Username: phgaming_phg
Database Password: *******

here's my webhost, http://spacesocket.com
please help me Sad
Can you ask them what your host name should be?
(2010-02-19, 01:10 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Can you ask them what your host name should be?

so i need to pm the administrator of the webhosting?
Yeah or just ask on their forums, most people hosted there should know the answer.

Alternatively it might tell you somewhere in PHPMyAdmin.
Do you know your host IP address? I'm on hostmonster and have no luck just using localhost 99% of the time with my DB's. It's also somewhat good habit when you are developing applications on your resident machine to use the IP.

One thing I also noticed - is the name of your database "z" or is it "phgaming_z" ? if it's "phgaming_z" then your database name is most likely phgamin_phgaming_z

What host are you on? Maybe someones got details specific for you.