MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Strange link formatting (PhpBB3.0.6 > MyBB 1.4.11)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Strange link formatting (PhpBB3.0.6 > MyBB 1.4.11)
Hi,

After converting PHpBB3.0.6 to MyBB 1.4.11 using Merge, all the links inside posts that were transferred across are shown like this:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://songsroad.co.uk/">http://songsroad.co.uk/</a><!-- m -->

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Mr Hoenig said that rising debt was infringing on the central bank’s ability to fulfil its goals of maintaining price stability and long-term economic growth. “Stunning” deficit projections were putting political pressure on the Fed to keep interest rates low, infringing on its independence at the risk of inflation, he said.

No part of that string of characters can be clicked on. However, newly created links in MyBB are fine.

How can I fix this?!
I have tried to contact several developers, but I have not received any replies.
(2010-02-18, 09:31 PM)joeblow Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried to contact several developers, but I have not received any replies.

Learn to be a bit more patient. PMing lots of staff is not the way to get help faster, all it does is annoy us, and you'll only get warnings for it. A lot of the other people here wouldn't have even seen this thread yet due to being asleep and then having to go to work. We are not machines.
This happened to me when I converted from phpBB to MyBB too, I just edited the still active topics manually as there weren't that many with links.

I thought it was a small price to pay for moving to better software.
(2010-02-19, 01:09 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]I thought it was a small price to pay for moving to better software.

Unfortunately for me, that is too great a price, I have a rather large forum and is not possible to manually edit every post:

Statistics

Total posts 35377 • Total topics 9577 • Total members 1226
Permanent solution: fix the merge system or search&replace on a database dump

Temporary solution: MyCode

&lt;\!-- m --&gt;&lt;a class\="postlink" href\="(.*?)"&gt;(.*?)&lt;/a&gt;&lt;\!-- m --&gt;
<a href="$1">$2</a>
Upload this to your forum root, close your board, backup your db, run the file from your url, and then test the board. Make sure your posts are intact and that the script fixed everything. If not, restore your backup and let me know.
Thanks for the response! I got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function utf8_unhtmlentities() in /var/www/mybb/QuotesFix.php on line 15
Sorry about that, corrected it.
I got a new error:

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's GATEKEEPING', icon='0', uid='0', username='Guest', dateline='121584071' at line 2
Query:
UPDATE mybb_posts SET pid='10', tid='8283', replyto='0', fid='6', subject='Re: Peter Shaenk blasts concen's GATEKEEPING', icon='0', uid='0', username='Guest', dateline='1215840715', message='Nice... people other than TIU are calling him out LOL.', ipaddress='208.114.165.118', longipaddress='0', includesig='1', smilieoff='0', edituid='0', edittime='0', visible='1', posthash='' WHERE pid='10'
From the quotesfix? Hrm, looks like it isn't escaping the string like its supposed to. Make sure there is a line that says $db->escape_string($text); in the copy of the file you have. Before the db insert query. (Just view the php file in notepad)
Sorry, update query Wink

And the full line is
$post['message'] = $db->escape_string($text);
Pages: 1 2