MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding a plugin feature to a specific forum only?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have done a few searches and have scrolled through countless posts but I can not seem to find an answer to this...

I am looking to add a plugin to a specific forum on my site... More specifically the mybet plugin which has a feature that displays upcoming bets on the forums index using the {$bets} code.... I want to have this display in a specific forum of my site and not on the index of the forums. Is something like this possible, if so how easy/hard would it be to do?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!!
Oops posted this in the wrong forum I believe, can someone move to "Plugins & Code Modifications"
Your best bet (no pun intended) would be to contact the creator of the plug in, and ask if he/she could add the feature you'd like.
(2010-02-19, 03:13 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Your best bet (no pun intended) would be to contact the creator of the plug in, and ask if he/she could add the feature you'd like.

I would have done that but the creator is lex and he is away from the mybb scene right now Undecided
You could probably edit the plugin to only execute if the forum ID is a certain value. How are you with PHP?
(2010-02-19, 03:46 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]You could probably edit the plugin to only execute if the forum ID is a certain value. How are you with PHP?

Not very good Smile I am open to learning tho Wink
Well you would probably put something like this around where the plugin actually does its stuff:
if($mybb->input['fid'] == 'put fid here'){
//plugin code goes here
}
(2010-02-19, 04:17 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Well you would probably put something like this around where the plugin actually does its stuff:
if($mybb->input['fid'] == 'put fid here'){
//plugin code goes here
}

I will dig around the php files this weekend, thanks for the help! Smile