MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to reset/delete all polls?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I merged an SMF forum into my MyBB forum about a week ago and it seems to have screwed up all my polls. Polls aren't appearing at all in some threads they should be (example) and one poll replicated itself into numerous threads.

So I deleted that poll through PhpMyAdmin but it seems that was a really bad idea - Now it just shows there's a poll on all those threads but with no options, (example). All my other polls that were fine previously also appear like that. Blush

I don't care about any of the polls really so if someone can just tell me how to delete/reset all my polls effectively that would be great. Smile
Anyone? Blush
Looking at the database one poll has somehow been attached to all my threads.

Can someone give me a MySql query to drop that poll (id=43) from all the threads?
So just to clarify, it's the threads table that's saying they're all 43, yes?? If it's not all 43 in the threads table then don't run this. Just asking as there's a tid column in the polls table too so I just want to make sure I've not misunderstood and it's not all 43 there Smile

Anyway, if it is in the threads table...
[attachment=17444]

Close your forum, and backup your database just in case there's an error in it.
(2010-02-23, 08:16 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]So just to clarify, it's the threads table that's saying they're all 43, yes?? If it's not all 43 in the threads table then don't run this. Just asking as there's a tid column in the polls table too so I just want to make sure I've not misunderstood and it's not all 43 there Smile

Anyway, if it is in the threads table...

Close your forum, and backup your database just in case there's an error in it.

That's fixed my broken polls, thanks very muchly! Smile

But, I still have some threads showing like this.

That's happening on threads that shouldn't have a poll at all. :s
That's good news, glad it's sorted Smile
(2010-02-23, 10:01 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That's good news, glad it's sorted Smile

Sorry, just edited my post...

I still have some threads showing like this.

That's happening on threads that shouldn't have a poll at all. :s

It's showing no poll ID on the thread, I presume because I deleted the poll with id=43 through phpMyAdmin. Looking at the database they all still have 43 listed in the poll column.
So the tid is all 43 in the polls table now, or...??
No it's the other way round. In the threads table all old threads have 43 listed in the poll column - for some unknown reason. Poll 43 doesn't actually exist though as I deleted it hoping that would solve the problem. Blush
Are the ones that were changed yesterday still OK?? Try this query:

UPDATE `mybb_threads` SET `poll` = '0' WHERE `poll` = '43';
Pages: 1 2