MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Another Upgrade Problem (Again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok here it is.

I really like using MyBB but I think the upgrading of the software is crap.

Every time I try to upgrade, I get errors. It's the only software I use that I have issues with upgrading.

Quote:mySQL error: 1045
Access denied for user: 'services_kooshin@localhost' (Using password: YES)
Query:

Explain?
This is just great.
Because of the so-called upgrade, I have lost over 350 members and over 2,000 posts

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! Not!
I changed my mind. I will not be putting MyBB on the cPanel Auto Install unless they can put a proper backup system in place.
Query:

There's a problem with your mysql user. The user 'services_cooshin' doesn't have permission to access the database you specified.

Which version were you trying to upgrade from/to?
DennisTT Wrote:
Query:

There's a problem with your mysql user. The user 'services_cooshin' doesn't have permission to access the database you specified.

Which version were you trying to upgrade from/to?

Yeah I know there is a MySQL issue, which was fine before the attempted upgrade.
I was trying to upgrade from 1.02 to 1.03
DanEthical Wrote:I was trying to upgrade from 1.02 to 1.03
Where was the problem? The only thing you have to do is replacing 4 files on your webspace!?
You don't need to run the upgrade if you upgrade from 1.02 to 1.03
Don't matter now.
I had to start from scratch.
Perhaps consider downloading periodic backups of your database in the future. Then you can lessen the effect of such accidents.
Quote:I changed my mind. I will not be putting MyBB on the cPanel Auto Install unless they can put a proper backup system in place.
As the owner of your forum, it is your responsibility to back up your own database and keep it safe. I do it here, you're a web host, so you should be able to do the same.

Also, if you read the upgrade instructions in the release announcement for 1.03, then you would have known there is no upgrade script to run.
Hi Chris,

I do keep backups. Daily ones to be exact. It was when I uploaded the backup for the forums the problems began.
I also read the instructions to the T and it said to Upload all files in the Upload directory and run upgrade.php and follow instructions. Then delete the Install directory.
But it is ok now. The members are coming back slowly but surely.

My apologies for my angry outbursts.
Pages: 1 2