MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Popular] Register activation after x hours/days
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I already posted this as a suggestion to Labrocca about 20 days ago. It isn't really going anywhere. The actually page is here: http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-4190.html

Anyways, this plugin is great for forums who people try to come just to get a program/tutorial then leave. I currently set a post count requirement, but that just leads to replies to threads like: "Spamming for post requirement, xD" and thats all they post... D: So if I set it to wait some time, they would have to wait and possibly when they are waiting, browse the forum. So under the setting for account activation, you could have a 4th setting as this, or you could make a complete new setting for those who like to use email verification also. Anyways, this would be amazing if someone could make this. I know it is possible because I signed up for forums and I couldn't see some of the sections until I have been registered for so long. There are many ways to develop an idea like this. The ultimate way I think would be just making a new setting group for it then have a text box to list all the forum ids that they cannot enter into. But it will show them. So on the index after you registered, it will show the forum, then when they click. They get a message like: "Sorry, you must be registered for __ ____." or even better. Use the time they have been on your forum for. Smile So they would have to stay on your forum for that long. Anyways, bye for now.

Thank-you if anyone makes this. Big Grin