MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Posting Bug (CRITICAL)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello MyBB community,

I have been encountering a glitch when I try to copy and paste something, it says "Message Is Missing. Please enter a message". It only happens when I try to copy and past something huge onto the forum. (like over 5 pages of info). I have the post maximum characters set to 0 for unlimited characters but it is NOT helping. To achieve this error message, copy something huge, and try to post it. (I am posting game walkthroughs, I do have permission from the authors).

The URL to my forum is gamingstation.co.nr but it is locked at the moment due to this bug.

I installed MyBB 1.4.11 as a CLEAN install (new install).
I can't hand out a test member account since my board is locked.

Screen Shot;
http://img706.imageshack.us/i/42119613.png/

Thank You,
Evolution
Are you just pasting plain text or does it have funny formatting from being copied and pasted from Word or something??
(2010-02-20, 05:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Are you just pasting plain text or does it have funny formatting from being copied and pasted from Word or something??

Well, it does have some sort of formatting.
Can you try and get rid of it and get just the plain text?? Posting from Word etc notoriously causes problems, which is why some editors like TinyMCE have a special button especially for pasting from Word so it can cope with it. I don't know loads about it but if there's some sort of error with that, a formatting/encoding problem or something, it may cause an error and return the length of the message as 0, hence the error. If it was just too big, you'd get a different error, the fact it's 0 says it's something other than the size.
But if I don't edit it from Microsoft word, or even notepad, my pc will freeze when I try to edit the post on MyBB.
It still didn't work. I copied it directly from the source.
Where are you copying it from?? If it's freezing then it's either stupidly huge or it's the formatting of it.
I managed to stop it from freezing, but I still get the same error.
may I try to post it here then remove it?
And im copying it from a website now.
You can test it in the testing forum, test as much as you need.
It worked. DO you know what the problem may be?
it worked in the test forums, but not on my forum.
Your ISP could have apache or php set to only allow a certain size for post. This may be unrelated to MyBB. That's my guess.
Pages: 1 2