MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: img view previledge?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working on a math discussion forum. I need to allow members upload pictures (served as diagram, chart, illustration etc) and displayed the pictures as parts of the post content.

Insert img by provide the img url (src) is clearly simple from server point of view but many people don't know how to put their pictures some where on the web and let their posts include those pictures via urls. So allow people upload pictures and let their posts include their uploaded pictures is kind of reasonable solution to me.

I noticed that MyBB allows a setting that will display img attachments as full sized images, and MyBB has an option for inserting attachments into the post's text src.
By using those features, I kind of make uploaded picture publishable to the post content.

But attachment is attachment, not part of post content strictly speaking. That's why my way of doing such thing will encounter many issues.

First of all, it is reasonable to attach some big (storage size) pictures but not so reasonable to make all attached images be displayed site wise.

2ndly, uploaded images as attachments inserted into the posts are not displayed for guests! You have to login in order to see such pictures.

After all, publish uploaded images should not consider as image attachments inserted into the posts. They are very different things. The former should not follow security rules to be viewed but for the latter, many forums offer custom options for post authors to decide how the attachments be accessed (like member group, vending/trading (using site-wise currency) options etc.

So what I'm really need is a feature of publishing uploaded images. Any ideas?