MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird .htaccess Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I bought yet another domain which I'm currently installing MyBB on. Everything is going fine, I'm just doing all the SEO work before I start anything else on it. And for some reason, my Admin CP keeps telling me to:

# Add to .htaccess:

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://musicviral.com/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

Which I already have.. I look in the .htaccess folder and it has been added. But for some reason I get that same reminder thing. The weird thing is though everything seems to be working fine?

Thanks for any support.
Are you running an apache server? Also is the file definitely called .htaccess and not htaccess.txt (by default it is .txt, you need to change it if you haven't already done so).
If everything works, you can ignore that warning. If you want it to go away, make sure you added the rule exactly like it is shown, and also that it is the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess. If you want / need other rules to be first that's fine too, the warning will stay and you can just ignore it.
(2010-02-21, 01:18 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]If everything works, you can ignore that warning. If you want it to go away, make sure you added the rule exactly like it is shown, and also that it is the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess. If you want / need other rules to be first that's fine too, the warning will stay and you can just ignore it.

Thank you for your reply. I stuck it up the top, to make sure it was first and it has now been fixed. Thank you. Smile