MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Want To Make Header Image Uniform
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have an issue with the header image. i have an image with the width 1028 X 170px and i want to place it in header.
# container is set to 83% and when i view it in my laptop. the image looks to fit perfectly within the header. but when i go the site on wider monitor the header looks odd.

i want to make the header auto-adjust to whatever screen it is viewed on.

Image 2 is the one i want to make on all monitors.

thanks

[attachment=17418]

[attachment=17420] <--I WANT TO MAKE THE HEADER LOOK LIKE THIS ON ALL MONITORS

http://www.arsenalforum.co.cc
That logo is WAY to wide for my laptop screen when I go to your site. I would suggest you take the text and make it a transparent gif or png then use the rest as a background (using CSS). You could make the logo image width=83% but that tends to look crappy on everyones screen but it will resize to match the screen.
Your options are to either make your design fixed width rather than fluid or have a background image to your logo div that can be tessellated and still look good with your header image. You could set the image width to 100% but that would look bad on wide resolutions.
If the container is fluid it's not always going to match the width of the image, because the container will change size to match the resolution whereas the image won't.
how do i make the design fixed?
Change the 83% in the container to px, probably 1028px if that's the width of the image.
thanks i changed the width to 1028px instead of 83%.

that will work for now. thanks