MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [tutorial] Add a view my posts or threads link to your welcome block
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks, this is really useful for big forums.
Try this:

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php" id="search_menu">Search Post</a>
<div id="search_menu_popup" class="popup_menu" style="display: none;">
<div class="popup_item_container"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getnew" class="popup_item">New Posts</a></div>
<div class="popup_item_container"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getdaily" class="popup_item">Today's Posts</a></div>
<div class="popup_item_container"><a href="search.php?action=finduserthreads&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}" class="popup_item">View my threads</a></div>
<div class="popup_item_container"><a href="search.php?action=finduser&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}" class="popup_item">View my posts</a></div>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
// <!--
if(use_xmlhttprequest == "1")
{
new PopupMenu("search_menu");
}
// -->
</script>
Yet this forum doesn't have it... wow.
(2011-06-28, 12:59 AM)Jinkop Wrote: [ -> ]Yet this forum doesn't have it... wow.

Its modification not a default feature. You may install/modify in your MyBB forum if you want to use this.
I did this.
Check http://ub3rs.net/index.php
(2011-06-28, 06:48 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-28, 12:59 AM)Jinkop Wrote: [ -> ]Yet this forum doesn't have it... wow.

Its modification not a default feature. You may install/modify in your MyBB forum if you want to use this.

This isn't a mod.

And it does. It's in the usercp.
This is a cool modification.. thanks
I want to see the thread member / user in this way. but, the code is placed in Post_Bit_Templates ยป postbit_author_user

how?

I am sorry if this thread up again
(2010-02-21, 02:46 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]Its useful for your members to quickly view all their threads or posts so they can keep track of replies so this tutorial will show you how to easily add a link in your welcome block (where it says "View today's posts" and "Private messages") to these searches.

Firstly open the header_welcomeblock_member template by going:
ACP > Templates & Styles > Templates > Select template > Header templates > header_welcomeblock_member

To add a "View my threads" link add the following code to the bottom of the header_welcomeblock_member template:
| <a href="search.php?action=finduserthreads&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}">View my threads</a>

To add a "View my posts" link add the following code to the bottom of the header_welcomeblock_member template:
| <a href="search.php?action=finduser&uid={$mybb->user['uid']}">View my posts</a>

You can change the "View my posts" and "View my threads" in the code to something else if you prefer.

Hey, Im using this for "View my threads", and I wanted to add a second search, that results in all my threads I made in a certain category/forum (+ all subforums).

So generally a search that lists all threads of a user in a specified category/forum. Is that possible? Smile

Thank you
Thanks, Tim. This is just what I needed. In fact, I went a bit further by wrapping the code in <li> tags. That way, the new link had the same styling as the other links on that row.

(I realise I am posting this reply eight years late. I am a terrible procrastinator.)

Mike
Pages: 1 2