MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Extra Admin's?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just noticed today it appears i have an extra Admin & Supermod.
Any ideas how to identify this further?
Here is the group views before i view each.
Now you will see 3 Super and 4 Admin.
[Image: 12667330600779_44.jpg]

However when i check to see who it is i only find 2 Super and 3 Admin?

The Super accounts.

[Image: 12667329240136_33.jpg]

Now the Admin's.

[Image: 12667328844867_22.jpg]

I did recently take away admin rights to a member. Not sure if that has any effect.
Thanks for any help or advice regarding this.
Must Be one of the admin is Not given proper privilage in Acp
ACp> userand groups > users > select 4th admin > clik on profile tab >
then dere will be 3 option
1) primary group ( must be set to admin)
2) adiitional group (must be set to registed)
3) display group ( must be set to admin)
And save the confisuration then cheak again
Yea i see where you are going with this mate.
But ultimately there should only be 3 admin accounts. I have no idea who the 4th is.
Thats what makes it a little hard to identify currently.
Do any of them have any additional usergroups??
Yes they do Matt. All of them do actually.
Could that be the reason?
Yeah, if they have admin or mod as an additional group, I believe it counts that as another admin/mod. If they have additional groups that aren't admin or mod though, that won't be the cause. As an example, if User A has a primary group of admin and an additional of moderator, and User B has a primary group of moderator, that would count as 1 admin and 2 mods.
Yea i get ya Matt. I have checked the ones that are visible and even changed them to check but still the same problem. Currently there is only me as Admin and one other who i am unaware and is not visible.
Its really quite weird. I have removed all other Admins and Mods, from the board until this is fixed but the one i cant see is the one that bothers me.

Is there any other way to identify all admins?
Giving me there uid or something? That way i could track the particular user and fix the problem.
I must confess Sad It was my fault all along. I did have myself as Admin obviously but i also had me as Admin in "Additional User Groups". As well as quite a few others which are required.
I cant believe i overlooked after clearly being told by Matt what to do.
I feel quite the fool posting this. But have to be honest i did not know having an Admin as an Admin in the additional area would cause an invisible duplicate in the user group area.
Still i am happier to look a fool than to have a compromised forum.

Thankyou for your help Matt and KILL_ME. Both offered the correct answer.
3 years running a forum and i honestly never new this Bwhahahahahha wonder what else i dont know? Bound to be vast.