MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [release] Additional registration condition plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-02-22, 12:31 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I meant something built-in. Like a "Add a checkbox" button and "Manage checkboxes". Can it be done?

If there is enough demand for this I might consider it but it would require considerably more work and probably wouldn't be used by 90% of users. You can achieve pretty much the same thing by doing what I said in my above post. I only really made this plugin because someone in the support forum wanted a check box to confirm people were over 18 Big Grin

@Invitado, thanks Wink
Yeah I know, DAMINK requested it. I thought multiple checkboxes might be useful as well. But it's up to you really.
BTW can we move the position where the checkbox is? Like inside the agreement thing. Isn't there some kind of variable we can use?
You can change the string_replace to place it before some other code rather than the submit button, should be around line 125, make sure to include the original code after the added code.
there it is..I was looking for: Additional registration condition plugin

maybe adjust the plugin name accordingly or keep it the same as the name of the thread?
Great plugin, thanks for sharing.
Yep i agree. Simple yet a very important plugin. Something that should be made available default in the future?
Either way thanks again Tim. Your a champion and i expect many to take advantage of your kind offer to make this plugin.
Cheers mate.
Really what's the advantage of this over just editing the existing registration agreement which still requires you to agree? This just seems like adding extra checkboxes which does nothing additional legally and people who don't read TOS agreements won't be anymore inticed by a few extra checkboxes.

You can edit registration agreement inside /inc/languages/english/member.lang.php and is very easy to edit.
(2010-02-23, 08:25 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Really what's the advantage of this over just editing the existing registration agreement which still requires you to agree? This just seems like adding extra checkboxes which does nothing additional legally and people who don't read TOS agreements won't be anymore inticed by a few extra checkboxes.

Well most dont read the agreement and although your correct as ALWAYS!! it is simply there to highlight something. And works just how i wanted anyhow.
For me i like it. And am thankful Tim was willing to make it. Well not only make it but make it so quickly.
Thanks again Tim.
This plugin is apparently not compatible with MyBB version 1.6.8.

May I ask what is involved in making this plugin compatible with said version of MyBB? If it's not too difficult I can do it myself but am wondering what all is involved in causing a plugin to become incompatible or making it compatible?

Would appreciate any insight anyone might care to give me on this.

Thanks.

Carlos
I modified the file regcondition.php and it works with MyBB 1.6.10.
Pages: 1 2 3