MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Messages count not working!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have a forum that I converted from phpBB3 to myBB. Everything went smooth. myBB rocks!

Here it is: http://www.crewingjobs.net/forum/

But it seems that all users, including me, Ciprian, as administrator, have only 1 message. Both in the boards, and also in the UserCP. I tried recounting, deleting cache, doing all maintenance tasks. Nothing. All users have 1 message. I, for one, should have more than 100.

I have 1.4.11, the latest version as of February 22nd, 2010.

What could be the problem?
Did you run it?
ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Recount & Rebuild => Recount User Post Counts => Go
(2010-02-22, 01:43 PM)SeNCeR Wrote: [ -> ]Did you run it?
ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Recount & Rebuild => Recount User Post Counts => Go

Yes, I have done that!
See the stickies in the Merge support forum, which is where this should have gone anyways Wink

This is covered by a VERY long sticky about postcounts being 0.
(2010-02-22, 02:13 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]See the stickies in the Merge support forum, which is where this should have gone anyways Wink

This is covered by a VERY long sticky about postcounts being 0.

Thank you, it worked like a charm! I now have ranks updated, post counts working and stars. Sorry if posting in a new thread, but it does have more exposure like this.
I just get mildly irritated when people don't take 10 seconds to look in the proper section before posting, let alone before posting in the wrong section Wink

Not that my opinion means diddly since I'm just a member too.
(2010-02-22, 02:27 PM)butterflymedia Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if posting in a new thread, but it does have more exposure like this.

It doesn't really get more exposure here, the merge system forum is just as visible as this one, but if you'd read the sticky you wouldn't even have had to ask. That's part of what gets to me about people not reading sticky threads, it's not just the fact we have to repeat ourselves, it's that you're sitting there waiting for an answer, and the answer is at the top of a forum the whole time, you didn't need exposure. It was an hour between you making the thread and being pointed to the sticky, and I don't like people's (i.e. your) time being wasted like that, I just want to try and get people sorted ASAP. Isn't just us being grumpy Smile