MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need some assistance with admin panel broken links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All the links are giving me a 404 error in admin panel. Fresh install, no mods applied of any kind. I was reading this thread but didn't find any resolution.
/admin/index.php?module=home/version_check

I have renamed the htaccess.txt to .htaccess and deleted the one in the root of my site even though it was empty. I am baffled. Months back I had no issue installing and running it and now it's not working. I am very fluent in installing and merging/converting mybb as well as various other softwares. I read something about mod_security but that's off. All files/folders are permission correctly and my forum cookie and forum url path etc are correct.
Did you rename your admin folder and forget to change config.php to have the variable for it point to it properly?
Are you sure mod_security is off?? That's pretty much the only thing that causes this if you're sure CHMODs are OK.
(2010-02-22, 05:01 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]Did you rename your admin folder and forget to change config.php to have the variable for it point to it properly?

No, It's the default path which is admin. I would have addressed that easily if were the case anyways.

(2010-02-22, 05:45 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure mod_security is off?? That's pretty much the only thing that causes this if you're sure CHMODs are OK.

Yep, I contacted the host before posting here to make sure. It's off. I have checked and rechecked the permissions multiple times as well. Everything is chmod as recommended in installation.
Is there anything in the server error logs about it??
(2010-02-22, 05:58 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anything in the server error logs about it??

Nope, no error logs that I can find anywhere. was the first thing I looked for. forgot to mention that.
got this from cpanel.

Edit: Removed logs for privacy reasons.
This can be closed as resolved now. Sorted it out myself.
May I ask what the solution was for future refrence?
I went back to my first step based on my research here before posting. I went back to mod_security. I originally contacted my host to disable it and they did and it showed it as off, However, it didn't stay off. Something with there setup on apache server re-enabled it. This explains why I was in the belief that it was disabled, but only temporarily. Took them about a day to get with the solution so I told them they needed to do 1 of 3 things to resolve it.

1. Disable mod_security on the server
2. Grant me permissions to disable it via htaccess
3. Whitelist my domain name.
Thanks for letting us know!