MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wordpress Integration + Styling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've used MyBB a lot in the past, but haven't in a year or so (probably even longer).

I'm just wondering how styling works compared to vBulletin. Is it pretty much the same?

Also, I know vBulletin can be integrated to Wordpress (so the administrator has the same account on the blog and on the forum), but does MyBB have this? (is it a modification, or will I need to hire someone to code it for me?)

I'm a past vBulletin user, but I sold my license earlier today. Ever since they came out with vB4, everything has gone downhill price-wise, and in support. If someone answers these questions, then you can welcome a new MyBB customer. Big Grin
Sorry MyBB-Wordpress has came to a dead halt. The plugin is available if you want to edit it yourself and try it. There is a blogging system plugin that is very good though. Though in my honest opinion, contact a coder (Such as Labbroca, Pirata, Lennart, Ralgith Or Exogene) and pay. They are most likely the 5 biggest coders here, and are all very very good with their work. Styling is done easier in MyBB then Vb (Imho at least) Here is a list of designers http://community.mybboard.net/thread-62669.html

If you need any help at all, just post again Smile
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-57423.html
It is quite easy to create a MyBB template to match a Wordpress one, just make sure you have the authors permission to do it, especially if you intend to release your ported theme.

In terms of MyBB/Wordpress integration, development has pretty much died as Mark.M said but usually login integration isn't required as you keep blog info to the blog and discussion to the forum. If you know a bit of PHP and are willing to try it is not difficult to manually hard code your own registration bridge into MyBB. I have done this before but honestly I did it so long ago can't remember what I did and I don't use that system any more.