MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BAN STRING OF WORDS.. Its probably already made ..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok.... this will probably already of been done but i cant find it

Situation ...

... peed off members are posting my parents addresss (home) . im wondering if there is any plugins made that i can enter strings i.e my home address and then if found, change or deny posting ?

This is a biggie. as i live with parents im skrewed. also i have £0 to my name so cant pay

If there is a plugin then brilliant otherwize im closing down everything ive worked so hard for (they are getting the details from whois.com who ive also messaged) .. but i need the option to stop it being publicaly posted
Well first Whois.com won't do crap. You have to enable whois protection on your domain account. If you have a freehost, you have a little chance of that. Second just use the word filter for you street name and city.
excellent Shogun. it isnt a free host. it used to be my business account but i closed that and since my fave forum - 100,000 + members decided to close last week, i cloned their forum layout (the owners blessing) for when it does. i think i paid arround £70 a year - uk cheapest - i need to upgrade to unlimited bandwidth because since i made the clone site ive used up around 40% of my 5 gig bandwidth in 48 hours. but i have the hassle of everyone knowing my home address and now rivals registering and posting my whois details. ive messaged whois and my service provider but still awaiting . nightmare!
(2010-02-23, 12:12 AM)doddsyy2k Wrote: [ -> ]excellent Shogun. it isnt a free host. it used to be my business account but i closed that and since my fave forum - 100,000 + members decided to close last week, i cloned their forum layout (the owners blessing) for when it does. i think i paid arround £70 a year - uk cheapest - i need to upgrade to unlimited bandwidth because since i made the clone site ive used up around 40% of my 5 gig bandwidth in 48 hours. but i have the hassle of everyone knowing my home address and now rivals registering and posting my whois details. ive messaged whois and my service provider but still awaiting . nightmare!

No your domain. Also thank you for saying i am your leader, i can't think of any other reason you are saying my user title not my name Toungue

Though your host gave you an account. Or your domain provider. Log onto the domain account and enable private whois. You have to do it, they won't for you. If you tell me your provider i can tell you how.