MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Teen Hot Spot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-02-23, 05:22 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Some people need a reality check though.

Yer okay then that I can agree on but there's no need to try and make them feel that they are doing wrong. Its best for people to learn or gain experience instead of getting **** from users about it. Even if your gonna say it atleast say it appropriately
lrn2lessboards.
1) Took 21 seconds to load. Get at least a paid host. Maybe a domain?

2) Get a theme. The default MyBB theme is boring.

3) No content, well maybe 4 posts and 3 threads. Post to get more people involved.

4) You got 7 categories with 60 forums with 47 sub-forums - TO MANY FORUMS, I would never join something like that because its to overwhelming

5) Some forums are pointless like "Swine-Flue" or "Weather". Also why do you got a forum on "Canada", "Soviet Union", and "United States"? The "Cold War" made me crack up, also why do you got a sub-forum for one film? Do you want to just get 1 post in every forum and sub-forum will be a miracle.

I can keep going on but at least cut down from 107 forums to 20.
neva load for me >.>
(2010-02-24, 02:28 AM)shawn16 Wrote: [ -> ]neva load for me >.>
Took me around 21 seconds, he's on some free host.
(2010-02-23, 05:51 PM)Jag100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-23, 05:22 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Some people need a reality check though.

Yer okay then that I can agree on but there's no need to try and make them feel that they are doing wrong. Its best for people to learn or gain experience instead of getting **** from users about it. Even if your gonna say it atleast say it appropriately

http://healthskills.files.wordpress.com/...-wrong.jpg

Yes they are though. If i ever see a forum that has 4 boards with no content, and with the boards he has, succeeds, i will pay the owner 5 dollars. Because, that is something good.
(2010-02-23, 05:11 PM)Jag100 Wrote: [ -> ]Get a better domain plus a theme mate.

Anything is possible lufbra. I'm getting ******* annoyed with the amount of people who try and put people down in the showcase forum. If your gonna give feedback atleast be constructive instead of just jiving at people.

Let's see, what's to be constructive about here....all the guy has done is upload forum software (which we've all done), created categories (which we've all done), and added forums to categories created (which we've all done) the only difference is this guys added a gazillion+ of them! The theme is the default, the banner is the default one, and your saying to be constructive! I'd already agreed with others about there being too many forums, and asked about why would there be a "Cold War" forum....Isn't that being "constructive"....How many "teen" forums have you ever seen with "Cold War" forums? Just imagine what his "competition" would be thinking if ever they saw this post!

Then he has the **lls to call me a nOOb!! LOL

(2010-02-23, 05:14 PM)magicstuff Wrote: [ -> ]I have to agree with you there. There are members who seem to enjoy putting peope down, not just in the showcase forum but the chit-chat as well.

What should we do, tell everyone their forums are looking great......In other words not be honest? The whole idea of this forum is for folks to "Showcase" their forums to get opinions (positive or negative) about them. If anyone ever only wants positive feedback in this forum, then don't bother Showcasing your forum here!! Smile
Alright I don't want to play staff or anything but I think Jag100 and lufbra both made their statement and can we just please give this guy some good feedback that can improve his forum?

When posting in the showcase you should get ready to get crap over you and usually you know when you will get crap or cheers so it's his own personal decision to put this in the showcase before he was done.

Edit: Also I just figured out you are hosting your website on the shadiest sub-domain ever. pwgirls.x10hosting.com really?
(2010-02-24, 04:06 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]Alright I don't want to play staff or anything but I think Jag100 and lufbra both made their statement and can we just please give this guy some good feedback that can improve his forum?

When posting in the showcase you should get ready to get crap over you and usually you know when you will get crap or cheers so it's his own personal decision to put this in the showcase before he was done.

Forget that rubbish just alittle annoyed over that comment. I've calmed down now Angel

(2010-02-24, 04:06 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Also I just figured out you are hosting your website on the shadiest sub-domain ever. pwgirls.x10hosting.com really?

I would love to know the reason behind this also? Seems strange.
Wow... not even a new logo?

You've got the barest start going... keep up the good work and finish it out.
Pages: 1 2 3