MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forbidden 404 Not Found Error in Admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read in the instruction carely and correctly. I try to reinstall over and over but I just couldn't get it work in the Admin Panel.

Everything installed and went smooth except when I try to Config the setting in Admin Panel, I get Forbidden 404 Not Found Error Page.

Frontpage work fine, Admin login normal...all the taps are working. But only the right sidebar configuration. So weird....Confused
I had a similar issue with a host i moved too recently.
I had to get my address whitelisted before i could access the admin area because of ModSecurity.
I am not saying this is the issue. Far from it. Just that it may be worth checking out a little more.
Sorry if this was no help to you.
Here is a link regarding ModSecurity http://www.modsecurity.org/
Also i was with HostGator when i had the ModSecurity issue. Only took 2 min to fix however.
Just a quick call to my host and it was fixed.
I am you using HostGator too! So its the host issue right?
Yes just start a support ticket and ask them to whitelist your url. You should be fine there i hope.
It says in there what to do if you're on Hostgator...
Thank you! I think my host turn on mod security for a reason...and I'm not going to ask them to turn it off. Smile I never have problems installing wp, smf, phpbb.....but anyways, the other thread mention that the issue has been fixed in mybb 1.6...so i'm gonna wait for 1.6 then instead to fix mod security.... Smile