MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how do I print a member list?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It seems a simple task all I want to do is print a full member list from admin CP but I cant find a way to do it, or maybe it is me that is simple.

I am still on 1.4.8 as when I tried to upgrade it did a fresh install and I had to do a full upload from a backup, still that's another problem the member list is the most important at the moment as I am trying to customize permissions on a member by member basis and would like to have a check list on paper so if I take a break I don't forget where I am up to.

Thanks for all your time it is appreciated.
If it did a fresh install then you would have run the install script instead of the upgrade script. There's even a message when you try and install again saying it'll erase everything.

Try this: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-50421.html
Thank you for you help, unfortunately I does not suite my problem all I need is to print a member list no email, join dates just user names to use as a check list I could hand write it but with the number of members it would take quite a time.

best wishes to all.
Then just change the query to select what you want, and change the bottom line to show it.
Thanks again, only we are pushing my PHP skills to the limit as I have only just started trying to do things with it. I will try the changes to that script hoping I get them right fingers crossed.

sorry for being a bit thick on this,
cheers Smile
Use this:

<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
require './inc/init.php';

$q=$db->simple_select('users', 'username');
header('Content-type: text/csv');
while($u=$db->fetch_array($q))
echo $u['username'] . "\n"; 
?>
I have pasted that into notepad named it username.php and uploaded via FTP to my root directory but still can't see how to run it in admin CP
sorry to be such a pain but after 6 months learning myBB to be able to change themas and so on I would like to now learn some PHP and this was a first attempt.
Thank you for your help.
Just run it in your browser...
the result is:
Warning: require(./inc/init.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/countryw/public_html/username.php on line 3

Warning: require(./inc/init.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/countryw/public_html/username.php on line 3

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required './inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/countryw/public_html/username.php on line 3

I think it is time to give up or I will be taking up to much of your time and just go back to pen and paper Sad
Where exactly did you upload it?? In the root forum folder with member.php, online.php etc...??
Pages: 1 2