MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Is everyone going to upgrade to 1.6 as soon as they can? I personally will be one of the last ones to migrate, unless i start a new site during the release.
I probably will, since there's almost literally no activity at my forum so no one will care if it's down for any period of time.
I think the only thing that will stop people will be waiting for plugins/themes to be updated. Otherwise yes, I see the majority of people upgrading right away. Why would you wait?(this is for Gold release of course not beta's)
Its not the upgrade, that i care about its the fact that its so new. If someone is gonna try to find a hack in MyBB my guess is you'd try the newer version. I know people running very old webserveres, and i doubt many people are looking for security hacks on them.
Yes, but there is also a chance there security hole that was never fixed that's fixed in the newer versions. Nothing is ever going to be perfect so why not use the one that gets as close as possible?
(2010-02-24, 12:05 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but there is also a chance there security hole that was never fixed that's fixed in the newer versions. Nothing is ever going to be perfect so why not use the one that gets as close as possible?

I just don't like using the newer stuff. Its sad, i asked for stuff in 1.6 while i have no real intent to upgrade. If i do i would most likely hire help to put pieces i wanted only. But i most likely won't do that Toungue
I only just upgraded to 1.4.11 last week. I won't be upgrading to 1.6 straight away either.
Well I hope you don't plan to stay in the IT business for long because your going to be constantly learning and using new things.
I'll probably be upgrading NanoSkinners to 1.6 when it comes out. I don't really see why not tbh.
(2010-02-24, 12:11 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Well I hope you don't plan to stay in the IT business for long because your going to be constantly learning and using new things.

I don't, it just pays well for the time being. But thats the one thing i have learnt. NEVER TOUCH IT IF ITS WORKING. We have that duct taped on every server and monitor in the server room. Learning new things and breaking something that works are two different things.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5