MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Designing PSD websites: what size?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm starting to design PSDs and then code them, but I just got one little question. What size do you use? No wait, what is the most used and recommended? Cause it really bugs me knowing the design won't fit into a different monitor.

I did a quick search and 1024x768 seems to be the most used monitor, but when designing them, 960x565 is recommended as this article says (due to scroll bars, tool bars, status bars, etc). But what's your opinion really?
I'd recommend using your screen resolution, though it doesn't matter really.
Normally just a tall vertical rectangle.
When you code it you can make the width whatever you want, the PSD is just what it is supposed to look like.
Thanks for the quick response guys Toungue I really wanted to make a design so badly, right now. I got all night now.
Still, if anyone has any comments or opinions, please let me know. I will take them in consideration.

BTW what about http://960.gs/ do you recommend it?
(2010-02-24, 09:24 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick response guys Toungue I really wanted to make a design so badly, right now. I got all night now.
Still, if anyone has any comments or opinions, please let me know. I will take them in consideration.

BTW what about http://960.gs/ do you recommend it?

I tried it, I didn't understand it Toungue
Neither did I, I really don't know what those lines are for. Maybe for margins I guess. Or really just to have everything aligned perfectly.
All current designs that I make are 960px wide.
Well if you want things to be aligned you can just use the guides. Photoshop has a guides system and you can just use that.
Well, OK. Thanks. Fully answered now.
The 960px width is about the perfect size right now for web design. The only thing it won't really work for is mobile browsers. But, well that's why you make a different template for them Toungue.
Pages: 1 2