MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to change the welcome message position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am trying to chagne the welcome message "Welcome there, guest" to make it centered. I changed it in the style of "welcome panel", but this affects the signed-in user message, which looks very ugly when it's centered. Any quick fix?

Thanks,
Georges
Try the templates, header_welcomeblock_guest
What should I change in the template? I am a beginner in CSS.

Another question: how to access the $lang variable?

Thanks,
Georges
Help!
Thanks,
Georges
That's a formatted line, and it ain't that easy to move things to where you want them to go without a reasonable understanding of html. Else you will end up with 'broken' templates.

Would like to help... but that's more of a tuition on html, than just moving the welcome text around.
I have a reasonable understanding of html.
Anyways, I am asking for help, so I would appreciate help.

For those who are willing to help:

I created an additional CSS attributes:

.welcome_guest{
font-size: 12px;
font-color: #0066CC
font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica
}

and then in the guest welcome header template, I changed things to:
$lang->welcome_guest (<a href="$settings[bburl]/member.php?action=login">$lang->welcome_login</a> &mdash; <a href="$settings[bburl]/member.php?action=register">$lang->welcome_register</a>)
<span class="welcome_guest"><br /><br />Welcome to our forums! To post messages or view some specific sections, you will need to register. <a href="$settings[bburl]/member.php?action=register">Create your free account here!</a><br />You can also start viewing messages by selecting the forum you want from the selection below.
</span>

I don't see why the colors don't change for the text between the span!
I am forcing the font-color: #0066CC, but it's still black. I think I am not following a priority or something related to that. Any help is appreciated.

P.S: Attached is a snapshot of the current header for guests. I would like to be able to chnage the color of the text: "Welcome to our forums..."

Thanks!
Georges

Try this...

.welcome_guest
{
font-size: 12px;
font-color: #0066CC;
font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica;
{
Thanks, but it didn't solve the problem.
Georges
gsa Wrote:Thanks, but it didn't solve the problem.
Georges

This should fix it... Toungue

Remove all of the text from welcome_guest and replace it with this.
	<span style="float:right;">$lang->welcome_current_time</span>

<br />
		$lang->welcome_guest ( <a href="$settings[bburl]/member.php?action=login">$lang->welcome_login</a> ) 

<br />
<br />

<font color=#0066CC>
<font size="2"> 
Welcome to our forums! To post messages or view some specific sections, you will need to register.
</font size>
</font color>

<br />
<br />

<a href="$settings[bburl]/member.php?action=register"><font color=#FF0000> Create your free account here!</a></font color>
<br />
<br />
<font color=#0066CC>You can also start viewing messages by selecting the forum you want from the selection below.</font color>

I've left it "stretched" out so that you can play with it. If you want to change the font style use "font wrappers". Wink
Just so you know, for text with CSS:

- Font-family, font-weight, font-size and a few others exist.
- However, for the colour of text, it is simply color (No font- prefix).

Chris Wink
Pages: 1 2