MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: portal page - missing part?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everything in the forum appears to work well. I've tested and tried all which works fine. Except for one thing: when I opened the portal page /portal.php, the sidebar (stats, search, latest treads and all) shows data, which is good. But, the main area (announcements?) show a blank space. What did I miss? Why doesn't it show anything?

Thanks
Do you have any threads in the forum it gets the announcements from? If you don't nothing is shown.
Do you mean Forum Announcements? I have a couple of forum announcements which are visible in the forums in /index.php or Forum page.

In the portal page, nothing shows except for the sidebar (stats, etc).
No, go ACP > Configuration > Portal Settings and set "Forum ID to pull announcements from"
I have this very same problem. Ive set my forum IDs and still nothing
URL?? What ID have you put in the setting??
The portal does not show forum announcements you have set up but it will show topics and posts you assign "as announcements" to the portal page.

Personally I think this should be a choice, where you can assign actual announcements as it's intended to be OR an active topic/forum area you as an admin add to.

"Forum ID to pull announcements from" is misleading.

Alternately you can make a splash html page and put your wording on there and have people enter the forum that way.