MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHPmyadmin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well watching a tutorial and it says I need to access PHPmyadmin to put this code in UPDATE mybb_users SET classicpostbit = '1' WHERE classicpostbit = '0' but I can't find this anywhere on my host?
Your host will be the best person to ask, not us, we don't know where it'll be in your host any more than you do.
Not all hosts come with PHPmyadmin but its fairly easy to install yourself even on shared hosting accounts, look at the PHPmyadmin website. Just a guess but sometimes its www.yoursite.com/pma
(2010-02-25, 12:26 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Your host will be the best person to ask, not us, we don't know where it'll be in your host any more than you do.

Ok so I'm in PHPmyadmin and I go to the little SQL icon and it says add a query so there is a big box, I put the code in there and then in the small box underneath I put mybb_ and I save and it says error what am I doing wrong?
What error and what box at the bottom?
(2010-02-25, 05:22 PM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]What error and what box at the bottom?

This is the error

Error
SQL query:

INSERT INTO phpmyadmin_npg5fXapyzBm.pma_bookmark (

id,
dbase,
user,
query,
label
)
VALUES (
NULL , '', 'Nick', 'UPDATE mybb_users SET classicpostbit = ''1'' WHERE classicpostbit = ''0'' ', 'mybb_'
)

MySQL said:

#1146 - Table 'phpmyadmin_npg5fXapyzBm.pma_bookmark' doesn't exist
Never seen that sort of thing in phpMyAdmin before, looks like you've chosen the wrong database. When you first go to phpMyAdmin you should see a list of databases in a list on the left, click your forum database, then click the SQL tab along the top.
easier to install the EZSQL plugin and use that in the ACP Tools section for such a simple query. it will use your database already and you dont need to learn phpmyadmin (though it is a very good thing to learn)

regardless of the method you use, are you sure your database prefix is mybb_ ?