MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bad Word - Quick add
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

This is my second plugin for MyBB.
It let's you add a new bad word in the word filter quickly without going to the adminCP. The only thing you need to do is select the word and click the Bad Word link.

You can choose the default replacement string, and choose if mods and super mods may have access to the function.

Screenshot
[Image: screenshot.png]

Mod central link: Bad Word - Quick Add
Download link: Bad Word - Quick Add
(2010-02-25, 05:00 PM)Sar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

This is my second plugin for MyBB.
It let's you add a new bad word in the word filter quickly without going to the adminCP. The only thing you need to do is select the word and click the Bad Word link.

You can choose the default replacement string, and choose if mods and super mods may have access to the function.

Screenshot
[Image: screenshot.png]

Mod central link: Still waiting
Download link: Bad Word - Quick Acces

so do you basically just highlight the 'curse word' and then hit 'bad word'? if so, that's pretty nice.

maybe for a future release it would be nice if it PMs a specified admin when a word is added.
(2010-02-26, 05:53 AM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]so do you basically just highlight the 'curse word' and then hit 'bad word'? if so, that's pretty nice.

maybe for a future release it would be nice if it PMs a specified admin when a word is added.

Yep, just highlight it and press the link!
I always thought it was alot of work to add a bad word to the list, so I made a easy method Smile
(2010-02-26, 12:13 PM)Sar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-26, 05:53 AM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]so do you basically just highlight the 'curse word' and then hit 'bad word'? if so, that's pretty nice.

Yep, just highlight it and press the link!
I always thought it was alot of work to add a bad word to the list, so I made a easy method Smile

It's now on the mods list:
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/bad-word-quick-add

may I suggest that if the bad word isn't currently on the list that you'd be able to make a proper name to replace the bad word?
(2010-02-26, 05:22 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]It's now on the mods list:

may I suggest that if the bad word isn't currently on the list that you'd be able to make a proper name to replace the bad word?

Yes, in my next version I will make an option, so the admin/moderator may choose the replacement.
(2010-02-26, 08:11 PM)Sar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-26, 05:22 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]It's now on the mods list:

Yes, in my next version I will make an option, so the admin/moderator may choose the replacement.

does this plugin only work for admins/mods? can registered members see it?

if it's only for admins/mods, how do I make it so registered users have the ability to add to the bad word list?
(2010-02-26, 09:44 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]does this plugin only work for admins/mods? can registered members see it?

if it's only for admins/mods, how do I make it so registered users have the ability to add to the bad word list?

It's only for Admins/mods, but why would you add it for all members? Anyone can screw your forums that way...
(2010-02-26, 09:47 PM)Sar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-26, 09:44 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]does this plugin only work for admins/mods? can registered members see it?

It's only for Admins/mods, but why would you add it for all members? Anyone can screw your forums that way...

true..I didn't think of that.
Hi

Once you get to your site, where do you download the plugin.

Sorry, dont seem to find it

Thanks