MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need to know how to mirror forums from MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want my forum's construct to mirror that of a forum I see on mybboards.net. The forum there is called "MyBB 1.4 Series"

I am not sure if they are child forums, sub forums that I create. I have tried 5 times to do this without success. Could someone please tell me how MyBB created this particular forum?

I want my forum set up so the blue wide bar at the top of the forum says "Casting Notices" then three forums below it called:

-NYC-Area Casting Notices
-Philadelphia Casting Notices
-Regional Casting Notices

I want the forum expanded so my members see all three without having to click one link to get to the above three.

Thanks,

Dave
MyBB 1.4 Series is a category, the 3 inside are forums that have MyBB 1.4 Series as their parent forum... so create a category called Casting Notices and give it no parent so it shows on the index, then create 3 more forums with that forum as their parent.
Matt, do you mean create a child forum in each category?
There's only one category here, Casting Notices. Create that, then on the forum management page, either click the Add New Forum tab and add those other 3 forums with Casting Notices as the parent, or click Options next to the Casting Notices forum and make a child forum, yes.