MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Free Webhosting! (Host for Post)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2010-02-26, 04:29 AM)Firestar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-26, 04:24 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Domain whois says your site is hosted in Florida. That isn't exactly offshore (unless you don't live in the US but most people are trying to avoid US laws) :s http://whois.domaintools.com/thehelpforums.net

There are to data centers. 1 on Tampa and one in Spain. I have mine in the US because I have no need for off shore.

* Lo. looks at thread title.

* Lo. is confused.
(2010-02-26, 04:49 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-26, 04:29 AM)Firestar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-02-26, 04:24 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Domain whois says your site is hosted in Florida. That isn't exactly offshore (unless you don't live in the US but most people are trying to avoid US laws) :s http://whois.domaintools.com/thehelpforums.net

There are to data centers. 1 on Tampa and one in Spain. I have mine in the US because I have no need for off shore.

* Mark.M looks at thread title.

* Mark.M is confused.

* Firestar already explained it

* Firestar slaps Mark around a bit with a large trout.
Interesting, if it works out.

Kids these days, how the hell do you afford dedicated servers? Back in my day, you people pissed away money on candy and action figures.
Wait you said their are two data centers: Florida and Spain right? Because neither of them are offshore Toungue.
Indeed the laws are pretty much as strict in spain as they are in the US Toungue. Although, if your looking for free hosting in europe it's probably not a bad choice.
Not to mention that if the company has a US presence then US law can be applied to them.
Free hosting is coolbeans, but I'd stop advertising it as "offshore", because it really isn't. Might as well build a server farm on the moon and call it "offplanet".
Yup offshore only counts when its bulletproof hosting, maybe get a server in a country in Africa or somewhere in Russia/Asia Toungue.
(2010-02-26, 05:26 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Free hosting is coolbeans, but I'd stop advertising it as "offshore", because it really isn't. Might as well build a server farm on the moon and call it "offplanet".

You're right. Until I get everything 100% straightened out I will stop advertising off-shore.
I really have no idea why people would host with you, how could I guarantee that you'll still be up in a year?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5