MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google can still crawl if we disallow guest?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been getting loadz of guests on my forum but very few were converted as members. I think thats because there is no extra previlage that you get if you register apart from replying to thread.

So if i disallow guest access to forums, or just disallow guest after they view 3 posts, would it harm google bot which crawls the forum:? Coz i dont want it to affect my seo.
You can change the group of google. Admin panel->configuration->spiders->google bot->edit->set the usergroup Smile
Yes you will be effected and as dvdxseo says you can put them in their own group which does have permission to view the forums but remember, people will just be able to view the search engine cache to view your site this way.
Did i under it right?

I will change group of spiders as suggested by you guyz, and wont let the guest view the board. Will still google would be crawling and updating as regular as if now?
If you change the spider usergroup to one which can view your forums then yes they will be able to crawl as normal but remember, as I said, visitors can just click the cache link in the search engine results rather than signing up to view your threads.
OK got it. Thanks.