MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: thare is a convert?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i can convert a forum to forum mybb?

for example IPB forum to Mybb?
Not at present. Chris is in the process of writing a platform on which converters can be built. An IPB converter may then be created, but there may be issues with this as IPB isn't a free product any more. I'm also in the process of writing a stand-alone converter for phpbb (which probably isn't much good to you Toungue)
ok,
but IPB 1.3 is free and will be free
u will creat convert to 1.3?
or from
phpbb to mybb?
Maybe, maybe not.

At the moment the priority is to get RC4 out the door and finish the converter system..
So u say u buliding a convert?
or what is it convert system?
We're building a set of API's and scripts which will assist in the development of converters. Basically there will be modules for boards that can be converted and inside those modules are modules which perform actions (such as import users etc).
ok,
thank you..
I thought there already was a phpBB converter.. ?
As far as I can tell, the importer won't be ready for a while. [Chris will have to confirm this].

If you would like to write and release a converter script for IPB 2.0 --> MyBB, you're welcome to. There isn't documentation for the database structure, but if you need clarification about a certain part, we can help.
Pages: 1 2