MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: importing MySQL backup to fresh installed MyBB PROBLEM!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
God this is a biggie !

Im basically wanting to know if its possible to import a MySQL database that was saved (backedup by download) through phpmyadmin 3 days ago.
When inported, all my forums threads and posts return. ?

Now .. the nightmare part. . .
a day after backing up the database (db34136_uf) , i went into ACEftp , located the install of MyBB ( www.ldfx.co.uk/uf/ ) , right clicked on the uf folder and deleted the whole lot . I did this because my whois details were my familys home because i was originally a home business sole trader and people started posting threats and my personal details in the threads. Id just had enough.

Ive sorted out the whois now and people are missing my forum. It had over 500 threads in the 4 days it was opened. Ive reinstalled MyBB again into the same place www.ldfx.co.uk/uf/ and in the install setup i linked it to the original database saved on my server which wasnt deleted (it shows up as db34136_uf 5625 Kb )

but going into phpmyadmin and importing the saved database or even linking it to the original one doesnt do ANYTHING to my forum.

Its still the default freshly installed MyBB

Im stuck! what am i doing wrong?
Yes, that's the idea of a backup, so you can restore it, so long as it's a complete backup. Are you sure you're importing to the right database?? When you look in the backup file does it have any INSERT INTO queries??